Cryptiquest, LLC is looking to secure the talents of a public relations director to build and maintain a web presence, including social media accounts.
Who We Are
To the outsider, it seems that Cryptiquest is a media company working on table-top gaming and radio drama style podcasts. The secret (known by those on the inside) is that Cryptiquest is in the business of creating new settings – new worlds. Any games, podcasts, or other media generated by Cryptiquest are merely vehicles to deliver such worlds. But our mission isn’t just to create new worlds – it is to get others to explore them. Turning real people into explorers-of-our-fictional-worlds is our job. This is our cryptic quest.
Current State of Cryptiquest
Cryptiquest is currently building three brands: CQ StoryHammer, Imbue, and Copperwealth. CQ StoryHammer has become the functional cornerstone. This is a role-playing game system with core rules and materials which can be used as the foundation for any role-playing game. Imbue is a new magic-tech universe in which planets are scouted and colonized by way of astral projection and teleportation. Copperwealth is a radio drama style podcast about criminal organizations in a cross genre setting of post-steampunk meets supers (“supers” is short of superpowers, like X-Men, the DC Universe, etc.).
Where We Are Going
The CQ StoryHammer system will be available to anyone for free by way of the internet but books and how-to guides will be published for sale. Imbue will use the CQ StoryHammer system to become a role-playing game. In addition, there will be a podcast produced featuring adventures players created using Imbue. The Copperwealth audio series will hopefully pull in a follwership which can be used to generate buzz and sales about Imbue and CQ StoryHammer. In addition, there will be a Copperwealth role-playing game released which also uses the CQ StoryHammer system as its foundation.
Public Relations Director Role
Your role as public relations director is three-fold:
- Write and distribute communications (including subscriber content, marketing materials, and social media posts);
- Research and discover the appropriate audiences to distribute communications; and,
- Determine (and adhere to) communication strategy – when to post what to whom and how.
Expectations and Perks
Traits You Gotta Have
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- A level of commitment of 2 – 8 hours a week.
- Desire to collaborate but comfortable with autonomy.
- A natural drive to do what it takes to get the job done.
- You like to build worlds or media, too.
- You have web design experience and like to do such things.
- You live in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
- Equity – you would become an owner of Cryptiquest, LLC.
- This is a busy but low-stress environment.
- You get to rename the “Public Relations Director” label to whatever you want.
- You have an opportunity to be part of the creation process with input on creative decisions.
If it sounds like you’d be a good fit, then let us know why. We look forward to hearing from you!