Cryptiquest, LLC is looking to acquire a business-minded partner to manage operational systems.
Who We Are
To the outsider, it seems that Cryptiquest is a media company working on table-top gaming and radio drama style podcasts. The secret (known by those on the inside) is that Cryptiquest is in the business of creating new settings – new worlds. Any games, podcasts, or other media generated by Cryptiquest are merely vehicles to deliver such worlds. But our mission isn’t just to create new worlds – it is to get others to explore them. Turning real people into explorers-of-our-fictional-worlds is our job. This is our cryptic quest.
Current State of Cryptiquest
Cryptiquest is currently building three brands: CQ StoryHammer, Imbue, and Copperwealth. CQ StoryHammer has become the functional cornerstone. This is a role-playing game system with core rules and materials which can be used as the foundation for any role-playing game. Imbue is a new magic-tech universe in which planets are scouted and colonized by way of astral projection and teleportation. Copperwealth is a radio drama style podcast about criminal organizations in a cross genre setting of post-steampunk meets supers (“supers” is short of superpowers, like X-Men, the DC Universe, etc.).
Where We Are Going
The CQ StoryHammer system will be available to anyone for free by way of the internet but books and how-to guides will be published for sale. Imbue will use the CQ StoryHammer system to become a role-playing game. In addition, there will be a podcast produced featuring adventures players created using Imbue. The Copperwealth audio series will hopefully pull in a follwership which can be used to generate buzz and sales about Imbue and CQ StoryHammer. In addition, there will be a Copperwealth role-playing game released which also uses the CQ StoryHammer system as its foundation.
Administrative Manager Role
Your role as administrative manager is to ensure Cryptiquest can operate – both physically and legally: this includes tax management, finance management, and legal management. You would be responsible for identifying which administrative actions would be needed and then taking the necessary steps to ensure those actions are taken.
Expectations and Perks
Traits You Gotta Have
- Know-how for business administration, taxes, finances, and/or legal documentation.
- A level of commitment of 2 – 8 hours a week.
- Highly organized and detail focused.
- A natural drive to do what it takes to get the job done.
- You like to build worlds or media, too.
- You have web design experience and like to do such things.
- You have PR and communications experience and like to do such things.
- You live in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
- Equity – you would become an owner of Cryptiquest, LLC
- This is a busy but low-stress environment
- You get to rename the “Administrative Manager” label to whatever you want
- You have an opportunity to be part of the creation process with input on creative decisions
If it sounds like you’d be a good fit, then let us know why. We look forward to hearing from you!